Assistant Professor (UD2)
Language Technology Lab
University of Amsterdam.
e-mail: v.niculaeat uva.nl
Hi! I’m Vlad. I specialize in machine learning & natural language processing, focusing on sparsity and structure. I obtained my PhD from Cornell in 2018, advised by Claire Cardie, and post-docced in the Sardine lab, Lisbon, Portugal. I am a scikit-learn core dev/alum.
- Feb 2. PhD opening available: automatic subtitling. This is part of the LTP ROBUST framework. Join the online recruitment event, Feb 7.
- Jan 18. A preprint of our tutorial book “Discrete Latent Structure in Neural Networks” is now available on arXiv!
- Oct 25. Serving as Senior Area Chair for EACL 2023.
- Oct 1. Coordinating the Horizon Europe UTTER project alongside Wilker Aziz.
- Dec 16. Awarded a NWO Veni grant from the Dutch Research Council, funding my research for the next three years.
- I’ve been giving (some talks).